With new innovations in lighting technologies raising the industry standards, it is important that consumers are made aware of the different kinds of bulbs and lamps used and which are the ones that are not only aesthetically appealing, but also energy efficient. The LED reflector lamps are the best-in-class and ranks above CFLs and Halogens.
In comparison to halogen and CFL reflector lamps, LED lamps are high on performance and surprisingly last for 30,000 hours and at times even more. They not only produce minimal heat, but at the same time are durable. Unlike conventional omni-directional lamps, LED lights are one-directional and are meant for using in recessed cans, for pathway and outdoor lighting purposes. These are also used for ambient lighting, for illuminating a floor, workplace or a wall. Readily dimmable, these are best suited for reflector purposes.
These lights are however expensive to buy and install, and based on the quality, differ in their visual performances. This is the very reason why people have opted for alternative lighting methods such as CFL, T8 and halogen lights, which supposedly perform all the functions of LEDs but come at an affordable rate. T8 comes with a 2 year warranty but fails to illumine properly beyond six months.
Recently, the price of LED lights have fallen considerably, making them affordable and now consumers are rapidly switching from halogens and CFLs to LED lighting. Apart from the reduction in cost, it also comes with several other positive features which you shall benefit from, whether you are seeking to light your apartment, your outdoors, or your workplace. There are myriad reasons why you ought to choose LED lights over its counterparts.
- First and foremost, LED lights will help you save energy and cut down on your bills. These are exceptionally efficient and emit more light despite consuming only 25% of the energy consumed by halogens. They also last 25 times more than traditional halogen lights.
- These produce less heat when compared to other lights which utilize heat to produce light. LEDs, on the contrary, generate light by using energy and are thus more preferable in places installed with air conditioning systems.
- Other sources emit light on a 360 degree pattern. But with LEDs, it is not so. They generate light one-directionally, with an almost 70% focus of its overall light. Thus, it illuminates more brightly, and with glaring intensity, lighting up the darkest of places.
- An LED light, even if it is nearing the end of its life tenure, will light up the dark with blazing intensity, unlike its counterparts which either light up dimly or stop emitting light completely before reaching the end of its life. This is where the major difference lies between LEDs and others-halogen, T8 and CFLs, and is reason enough to choose the former over the latter.
- Conventional light sources give off UV or non-visible light spectrum which causes strain in the eyes as well as fading of colors in fabric and signage. LED lamps do not give off any such light that are strenuous and fatiguing to human eyes and are therefore suitable for all places, be it workplace, classrooms or indoors.
- One of the most notable advantages of LED lights is that they do not contain mercury in the fixtures. This is what makes them environment friendly as you do not have to dispose the toxic waste containing expired bulbs which add to nature’s deterioration.
Many companies these days are thus opting for LEDs over halogens for landscaping in Los Angeles– be it outdoors, parks, lawns or pebbled pathways.